Online purchasing and daily shipments have become a way of life for many residents. You appreciate the convenience of having packages dropped in front of your door, but there is a downside. Those boxes sitting in plain sight are enticements to potential thieves. Porch piracy continues to be a serious issue, but you are able to take action against it by getting a doorbell camera as part of your home’s security. These devices are great tools to combat opportunistic thieves, but they provide so much more.
Take a second to find out how they work and why they’ll likely become an essential part of your smart home.
Perks of a Nashville video doorbell
Manufactured in wireless and wired options, video doorbells offer an array of sophisticated features, and the technology keeps progressing. You are now able to set up detection zones, communicate with whoever’s at your door, and receive instant alerts whenever something arrives.
The simplest way to understand how a Nashville video doorbell camera works is to delve into the numerous advantages it can provide. Take a look at the following features:
- Active crime deterrents: You won’t get this on all models, but there are a couple of smart video doorbells that take action in deterring crime with warning lights and sounds. This is an effective way to let prowlers know that you are watching.
- Wide angle camera view: You need to see the whole picture, and that consists of the faces of people at your entry and boxes on the walkway below. Options with ultra-wide 180-degree field of vision give you a total perspective.
- High-resolution images any time of day: What’s the purpose of implementing a doorbell camera if the images are blurry and challenging to see? Top models will provide incredible HDR resolution and night vision.
- Package delivery notifications: Would you appreciate knowing when a package is dropped off? You are able to enjoy immediate notifications from video doorbells capable of differentiating between visitors and deliveries.
- Converse with the visitor at your door: Is there somebody standing at your front door? Bi-directional audio gives you the chance to ask what they want. You might even take advantage of this helpful feature to frighten off people loitering around your walkway.
- Avoid false alarms: Advanced doorbell cameras will even give you the chance to customize detection zones. Clearly defining the viewing area will allow you to cut down on false alarms caused by pets or pedestrians.
- Instant access to footage: A video doorbell incorporated into your smart home offers you the opportunity to see current and recorded video directly from your smartphone security app.
Video doorbells keep you in touch with your home like you’ve never been before, as you can access them right from your phone, no matter your location. They’ll alert you when a visitor arrives, provide visuals of what’s going on, and even allow you to communicate with the individual at your door. They’ve become difference-makers in terms of security and convenience.