How to use the Vivint Smart Hub in your Nashville smart home
The Vivint Smart Hub is the core of your home security system as it connects your cameras, locks, thermostats, and security sensors into one cohesive system. This easy-to-operate, 7-inch color touchscreen puts you in full command of your Nashville home’s security and automation. Learn more about how it will help you and check out suggestions to get you started.
How can you use the Vivint Smart Hub in Nashville?
Connecting wirelessly to sensors and other implements through radio wave transmissions and Z-Wave communications, the Vivint Smart Hub is the central command interface for your home. You may arm or disarm your system, control lights, update the thermostat, and more. If incorporating a doorbell camera, you can even talk to visitors on your front porch. The Vivint Smart Hub features built-in cellular connectivity and a backup battery to ensure reliable performance. It also gives you convenient remote operability via the Vivint smartphone app.
Here’s an idea of the things you can do:
- Review real-time or recorded footage from all linked cameras
- Arm and disarm your system
- Switch lights on or off
- Operate your garage door
- Change your thermostat’s temperature
- Speak directly to monitoring agents
You can boost convenience even more with your Vivint Smart Hub in Nashville by programming schedules or creating rules. For example, you might have your smart thermostat change automatically nightly at a certain time. Or, you can incorporate preferences like having your entrances unlock if the fire alarm goes off.
Steps for arming and disarming your security system
Before you jump into all the terrific things your Vivint Smart Hub can do, you’ll want to know how to arm and disarm your system. It’s simple - just follow these steps:
- Touch the shield icon on the home screen and slide to the right for “Away” and left for “Stay.”
- Stay signifies you will remain in the home and arms all devices besides interior doors and motion sensors.
- Away signifies you will be gone, and everything in the home will activate.
- To disarm, just slide the shield icon down and input your PIN.
The home screen will display a notification if the system isn’t prepared to arm. For instance, an open window will prompt you to take action. It’s worth noting that you can still arm the system by following the steps above. You will then have to verify that you wish to circumvent the sensor that isn’t ready.
Add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Nashville
Despite the fact that multiple users can be entered during the initial installation, you will probably want to add or remove a user at some point. Here are instructions to do so.
- Press the menu icon (three dots) near the bottom right corner of the home screen.
- Tap “Users” and enter your PIN.
- Choose “Add new user” at the bottom.
- Tap “Name,” provide the user’s name, and hit the Next button.
- If you wish to provide the user remote access, select phone or email and submit the information to deliver an invitation.
- Choose Next and then enter a PIN for the added user.
- To take out a user, simply navigate to the menu, press users, choose the user you wish to get rid of, and then select “Delete User.”
Secure and automate your home with Vivint
Are you ready to take control of your home’s automation and security via an easy-to-use touchscreen dashboard? You’ll love the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Nashville home security system. Dial (615) 908-3403 to speak with a helpful Vivint agent.