What should you do if your Nashville home alarm system goes off?
Your home security system shields your home – and your family members – against the multitude of risks you might encounter, like break-ins, fire, and flooding. Even though your home may be ready, that doesn’t automatically mean you are. Do you know what to do if your Nashville home alarm system goes off? The sound of an alarm is likely to be shocking, disorienting, and may cause panic. Your best choice is to stay composed and adhere to these straightforward guidelines.
Actions to Take When Your Home Alarm System In Nashville Triggers
It’s a circumstance no one wants to face, but it’s also why you ordered a home alarm system in the first place. You’re roused in the wee hours of the morning with the unmistakable sounding of an alarm after one of your sensors has been activated. Now what are you going to do?
- Stay calm. This is easy to say but harder to do when your home security alarm is ringing loudly, and your pulse is racing. But keeping yourself calm is the best way to evaluate what’s going on. Avoid the impulse of trying to manage the emergency yourself but instead let your monitoring specialists and first responders carry out their job.
- Attend to your family members. Your priority should be your family and moving them out of harm’s way. If you are dealing with a burglary, this might involve going to a predetermined secure area as far away from access points as possible. It’s likely that your alarm immediately frightened away the invader, but it’s always wiser to be safe than sorry. If there’s fumes or a blaze, please vacate your residence immediately.
- Grab your phone. Nowadays, the majority of individuals carry their smartphones at all times, but you may neglect to take it during a crisis. It’s a good thing to have. You’ll have the chance to stay connected with your monitoring experts and receive notifications through your home security app.
Connect With Your Round-the-clock Monitoring Specialists
The moment your home alarm system in Nashville goes off, your 24-hour monitoring specialists will instantly act. The first move is to confirm your alarm, and that means reaching out to you. The protocol they abide by is dependent on the sort of emergency. For example, if a medical emergency is triggered, one attempt will be made to contact you before help is dispatched. In the event of a burglary alarm - the most frequent kind of alarm - a monitoring professional will abide by these procedures to contact you:
- An attempt will be made to reach you using the central command panel. You will generally be asked for a passcode.
- If that effort isn’t successful, a call is attempted to your primary contact number.
- A secondary number or first emergency contact is tried next.
- If you still can’t be reached, local police officers are dispatched.
- Your monitoring agents will try to reach you again once authorities are contacted.
If you're not able to interact with the monitoring team, that’s OK. Help will still be dispatched even when you're unable to substantiate the emergency.
Prepare for any emergency with a Vivint home alarm system in Nashville
Stay ready for any situation with a contemporary home alarm system in Nashville from Vivint. Contact (615) 908-3403 to begin designing your property’s protection today.